Nurture 15/16

I apparently didn't partake last year so I am looking back at my goals from two years ago. They were:

1. Complete the London Marathon 2014 - nope, still failed. Though I recently started running again.
2. Write 3 chapters of my book - I've started a new book since this goal and it has 3 chapters so far, yay!
3. Complete my model of HMS Victory still. - hmmmm, though I do Warhammer now and get those done!
4. Do that Triathlon! - see the marathon
5. Continue to learn to mountain bike - this is really not going well...yeah...
6. Play my guitar and clarinet plenty. I like playing them; they calm me and I enjoy improving at them. I want to keep this up in 2014 - yes! Finally! Something I've done.
7. Get out running at least twice a week. This is not only a must for marathon and triathlon training but also for my mental wellbeing. I need to get out to destress. - OK, I manage once a week at the moment and a long walk once a week as well. This could be improved.
8. Read, at least a book a month. This should be easy as I read quickly - Yep, definitely manage this, its actually more like one a week!
9. Find a balance between my friends and my partner; I love my friends and love hanging out with them, I also love my partner: the balance has a tendency to always be too far one way or the other - I'm starting to get the knack of this, it often swings one way or the other but overall its not bad.
10. Leave the stress of work at work. I don't mind working at home and I love my work, but if I have a rough day, and the students have misbehaved I often take the stress home with me; I'm hoping getting out running more will help with this. - Since writing this I lost my job, and have since gone part time, this is much better for me and I manage to leave my stress mostly at work.
11. Value my sleep. I did this brilliantly on my PGCE but on my NQT year I keep thinking I can do without sleep, I can't, this is just a fact I need to learn to accept again. Sleep must be prioritised. - Woooo, I have a bedtime of 9:30pm (I know that seems really early but I don't sleep well) and this means I actually get my sleep.
12. Make a skirt, and hopefully some more clothing. I just want to be a bit more craft minded this year; I love it and it's relaxing. I should do this more. - I did make a skirt, I've done loads more craft too including making my own wedding invitations which I loved.
13. I want to get better at keeping in touch with my family: I love them but I am a very independent person and just useless at keeping in contact. I want to keep in touch with them more and get to know them better. - Mmmm, kind of...I text them more but should still call.
14. Continue to improve my diet. It is tonnes better but I still drink too much sweet stuff and eat too much rubbish, I want to continue to improve this. - My diet is tonnes better than two years ago, chocolate and biscuits now last a week rather than a day, but its still needs to improve massively.

So that was the last two years, not so successful, lets look forward to this year:

1. I need to lose a bit more weight. This isn't a diet thing, or being unhappy with how I look, it is purely the fact that I need to fit into my wedding dress having put on the dreaded unemployment pounds since I bought it. Also I can always be healthier.

2. Save money. I am atrocious with money; everyone I know agrees. I need to start saving money so I'm not living paycheck to paycheck anymore.

3. Continue to expand my friendship circle. With the starting of Warhammer this year my friendship circle has grown and I've met some amazing people, I wanna keep doing that!

4. Get my students great grades. This is the first year my teaching has the possibility of ruining students' lives: I have mainly taught KS3 before but this year I am teaching purely A level, get this wrong I potentially screw up their lives.

5. I'm not sure this is a goal but its happening whatever and I'm looking forward to it. 2016 is the year I get married; 10 years into a relationship that started when I was 16. So happy :D

I think that's good for this year, honestly I'm happy where I'm at this year. There is not much I want to improve :D

Comments

Popular Posts