DIY Class Rules Poster

The Idea

I'm sure by now you've all seen the class rules posters done nicely with typography and stylish pictures and thought to yourselves "that's lovely but I wish it had this rule" or "I wish this was different". I was much the same and eventually I decided to brave it and make my own.

How I Did It

The idea was simple enough: publisher, some different fonts and an ounce of creativity. I chose my class rules and wrote them on a simple notepad programme to refer to when I wrote the poster. Next was the job of laying it out. I started out by choosing a background colour: I opted for a lovely turquoise colour as it's bright and my favourite colour and then added a big, bold 'Class Rules' title in a bold, large font (around size 78).

Once I'd done that it was a case of trial and error to find fonts that worked and the correct sizes and placements to get them to fit and look good. This took a good half an hour or so but I'm happy with the result. Finally I added white highlight bars in any large gaps between phrases and added some appropriate bold pictures from clipart which I used the picture toolbar to change to black and white.

The Finished Item

As you can tell, it really is simple to do and I'd encourage anyone who wants one to give it a go. It is a bit time consuming but I think the overall, personalised effect is worth it.

The finished article can be seen above.



Comments

Popular Posts