Long time no blog

An admission

I have an admission to make, and its not one you will find surprising. I have not added a blog post in a long time...somehow after Easter, life seemed to tick by with normality, I kept planning, kept teaching, kept marking, and kept thinking that there was nothing to blog about.

In all honesty I was lazy, there was a tonne I could have blogged about; I've done an entire placement at an SEN school that you guys know nothing about, but, as with many other teachers, I got into a rut, and more importantly, I got tired. Any teachers reading this blog will know that the end of term is tiring, and I honestly didn't have the energy to put my days and weeks into writing. I have now been on holiday a week as I finished (and passed at Masters level) my PGCE, and I finally feel I have the energy to blog again.

Of course the problem is I have no teaching at the moment to blog about...none for 8 weeks.

Something new


However, in the course of my silent period I got a job, I know I already had one but due to the school going into special measures the school could no longer take on NQTs and I was back in the job market again, thankfully it took all of a month or so for me to find another one and as of September I will be starting in a local K12 Independent school.

I am going to be teaching History/RS/Civics and a bit of English to years 5 to 12 a long with leading the school netball team; nothing like a bit of hard work to get you going! So whilst I may not be teaching for the next 8 weeks (my new school breaks up this Friday so I start in September), I will be planning, getting my timetable and getting my new classroom ready. All really exciting (if scary) stuff...

So...

I hope you excuse my recent silence, but I am really looking forward to blogging all my experiences as an NQT about to start her first job. I hope you enjoy reading :)

Comments

Popular Posts